PREVENTION & HEALTHY LIVING
A part of the Healthy Tilghman Ministry of TUMC, the Prevention & Healthy Living resources are maintained by friends and neighbors supporting one another in the pursuit of better health through exercise and nutrition.
Healthy Tilghman Exercise Group…
…provides a community-based exercise and nutrition program at no charge for all ages and all levels of experience.
The Tilghman Exercise Group will begin meeting again on Monday, October 5 at 9 a.m. with ongoing classes held each week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Class will begin at 9 a.m. and last about 45 to 60 minutes. We use videos to lead us through the workouts. The exercises will be a mix of cardio, strength and balance with an occasional special selection that may include Pilates, tai chi, kick boxing, and high intensity interval training. All levels and abilities are welcome!
During the pandemic we have additional safety precautions in effect. Every participant is asked to be aware of these guidelines and to follow them.
Guidelines for Exercise Group Classes
· No person may enter the church building if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (chills, shortness of breath, dry cough, sore throat, fever, etc.) or have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 72 hours.
· No person may enter if they have in the past 14 days been in contact with an individual who is either presumed positive or has tested positive for COVID-19.
· Any individual who has been in the church building and either develops symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days or learns that they have had contact with an individual who is presumed positive or has tested positive for COVID-19 and has been in the church within 14 days after such contact, must immediately notify Susan Roecker at 410-886-9863 or 410-310-4700.
· An Attendance Log will be maintained with the names and phone numbers of those attending each session.
· Individuals should use liquid hand sanitizer upon entering the church building.
· All individuals shall comply with social distancing procedures, including avoiding contact (handshaking, hugging, etc.) and maintaining a 6 feet distance between themselves and individuals outside of their family, persons with which they reside or have regular close contact. Social distance spots will be marked with tape on the floor.
· Every participant, while inside the church, shall wear a mask or face covering except during the actual exercise video/class. · Every participant shall clean any equipment personally used during the exercise class. Each person will be assigned a mat for their use with their name marked in tape unless a mat from home is used.
All classes are held in the Tilghman United Methodist Church Annex
The Tilghman Exercise Group provides structured classes, and workout videos for all ages and all levels. This is a community-based, non-intimidating way to get started on and stay with an exercise program with support from friends and neighbors.
Come for 20-30 minutes or stay for the entire session! Feel free to come for as long or as short a period as suits you. Stay for classes or conversations with friends and neighbors.
Contact us with any questions or to see how you can help:
Susan Roecker (410-886-9863) or [email protected]
Carol Zappe (410-886-2863 or [email protected]
Community Garden at Phillips Wharf
Come Get Involved
- Fresh Organic Produce
- Hands-on Learning
- Volunteer Opportunities
Call 410-886-9200 for more information
To see ALL Healthy Tilghman Resource Partners, click HERE.