Welcome To Tilghman United Methodist Church
Tilghman United Methodist Church is an historic church located on Tilghman Island, Maryland.
We are entirely surrounded by water, but are less than 20 minutes from historic St. Michaels and only a half hour from Easton, totally accessible by car.
We are a warm, loving community of faith, deeply rooted in the teachings of Christ.
Methodists have been worshiping on Tilghman’s Island since the 18th century. The first church was built at our current location between 1879 and 1882, a one room structure with a steeple and belfry. The current church was erected in 1913. The church features ornate stained-glass windows with a simple gothic-based design. For a more complete history, click HERE.
A Message From Our Pastor
In compliance with directives and recommendations from our government leaders and agencies, we at Tilghman United Methodist Church have suspended our worship services and church-related gatherings. We do this with a heavy heart, but we want to do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19. Even though our physical gatherings are suspended … we will continue to be Christ’s Church.
We will continue to look for new ways to worship online and communicate Christ’s message of hope and love to our community during this crisis. Join us here each Sunday for where you can access a video message on the Pastor’s Page (or by clicking HERE).
Please check this website often to stay informed of the last news and updates and ask others to do the same. Also, please consider mailing your gifts and offerings to the church: Tilghman UMC, P.O. Box 192, Tilghman MD 21671.
We continue to keep everyone in our prayers.
Regular Worship Services*
*All are currently suspended due to COVID-19
Sunday Early Service at 8:30 AM is a traditional Methodist service and offers communion every week.
Sunday Late Service at 11:00 AM is a traditional Methodist service with communion once a month and in special services.
Sunday School Classes 9:45 – 10:45 AM
Pre-School – 5th Grade
A Sherwood UMC monthly Sunday Service is held on the THIRD Sunday of the month, 9:45 – 10:45 AM.
Directions and more about our worship locations HERE.
- interested in learning more about TUMC?
- in need of pastoral care/prayer?
- wanting to discuss becoming a member of TUMC?
Please contact the pastor:
Herbert Lewis “Herb” Cain
Email: [email protected]
Regularly Occurring Events*
*All are currently suspended due to COVID-19
Bible Study, Sunday Evenings, 6:30 pm.
Church Council, 3rd Wednesday, 7:00 pm, Annex,
Healthy Tilghman Committee
Monday, May 11, 6:00 PM
Adult Sunday School Room.
Exercise Group meets several times per week. Annex.
For schedule and program details, click HERE
Ladies Sewing, Monday Eves, 7:00 pm, Annex
Men’s Breakfast, Last Sunday of the month. 7:00 am, Annex
Healthy Tilghman News
Rose Regan, Healthy Tilghman Peer Coordinator, informs that A.A. is offering two live phone meetings each day at noon and 7 p.m. Call 425-436-6376 and enter code 447198# to join or just listen. Rose is at 410-886-9862.
Sabiatri Baker, BS/MS,LMT, of Tilghman and member of the the Depression/Bipolar Support Alliance of Talbot County has offered to be personally available to talk on phone over anxiety, stress, depression, fears etc., as an experienced and educated Peer neighbor (this is not medical care) for anyone 24/7 at 410-886-1292.
Talbot County Department of Social Services has established a call in service about COVID-19. Open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday -Friday. 410-770-5515
New service: Want someone to check in (call) on a senior? Call 1-866-502-0560 and the Maryland Department of Aging will set it up. Call to enroll.
Read all of the Healthy Tilghman Newsletters and Healthy Mind Messages HERE.
Current TUMC Announcements
- Meals Available To Those In Need 03/28/2020 - We are working with the St. Michaels Community Center to provide meals to people in need (financially or due to limited access to food) three times a week. The meals are delivered to the church and we call everyone to come for pick up. We are willing to deliver meals to people who are remaining... View Article
- Food Bank at TUMC remains open 03/19/2020 - TUMC maintains a Food Bank at the church where donated food is available to needy individuals and families in the Bay Hundred area. Typically, the Pantry has canned and packaged foods, milk and eggs, and some fresh meat, vegetables and fruit. Use the south door to the TUMC Annex during operating hours: Tuesdays, 9:00 AM to... View Article
- Changes and Opportunities at TUMC 03/19/2020 - COVID-19 mandates affect all worship activities, events, ministries and outreach Beginning Sunday, 3/22/2020 we will have the opportunity to worship with Pastor Herb online. All you will need to do is to click on the Sermon announcement on the Home Page of this website (where you now are) or use the horizontal page menu at... View Article
Children’s Meal Distribution
Beginning Thursday 3/19/2020 FREE meals will be distributed for children ages 2 through 18 at an expanded list of locations from 9-11 a.m., including Tilghman Elementary. This will include breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack. For additional information, including drive-by/pick-up sites outdoors go to NEWS
TCPS is planning to deliver meals by bus. They will notify all families when they move to bus delivery and routes will be posted with approximate delivery times. CLICK TO REQUEST MEAL DELIVERY
Tilghman UMC Mission Statement
To be a covenant community of loving Christians who glorify God through worship, teaching, studying God’s Word, and by witnessing through word and deed. We seek to share God’s love in Jesus Christ as His body, individually and collectively, through the leading and power of the Holy Ghost with our community and the world by ministering to people where they are in their lives.
You Are Always Welcome
You are always welcome at Tilghman UMC, to worship or to participate in our various ministries or to simply volunteer and make new friends in the community.