Welcome To Tilghman United Methodist Church
Tilghman United Methodist Church is an historic church located on Tilghman Island, Maryland.
We are entirely surrounded by water, but are less than 20 minutes from historic St. Michaels and only a half hour from Easton, totally accessible by car.
We are a warm, loving community of faith, deeply rooted in the teachings of Christ.
Methodists have been worshiping on Tilghman’s Island since the 18th century. The first church was built at our current location between 1879 and 1882, a one room structure with a steeple and belfry. The current church was erected in 1913. The church features ornate stained-glass windows with a simple gothic-based design. For a more complete history, click HERE.
Sunday Worship Services in the Church
9:00 am Adult Sunday School in the Church Annex
10:00 am Sunday Worship Service in the Sanctuary
11:00 am Youth Sunday School in the Church Annex
Please read and adhere to the following Guidelines for Worship Services – Updated June 6, 2021.
Current TUMC Announcements
- Blue Christmas 10/15/2021 - Blue Christmas is set for December 24 at Kronsburg Park. This is the placing of an outdoor tree on which anyone may place bows for those friends and relatives that have lost and are being misssed at Christmas time.
- Collection Day for Operation Christmas Child: Sunday, November 14. 09/24/2021 - Operation Christmas Child is in full swing! Our goal is 100 shoeboxes. Collection Day is on Sunday, November 14. We will celebrate this day with shoeboxes lined up in front of the altar. Shoeboxes and instructions may be picked up in the vestibule of the church and in the Annex. Items may include school supplies, small... View Article
- Trunk & Treat: Saturday, October 23 at Kronsberg Park 09/24/2021 - On Saturday, October 23 at Kronsberg Park, TUMC is having a Trunk & Treat from 2 pm to 4 pm. All families are invited to come and see the trunks of vehicles decorated and receive bags of treats. Families are encouraged to bring with them a container to hold the treats. Contact Rachael Freeman [email protected] if... View Article
- First Tuesday Lunches 09/14/2021 - TUMC is hosting First Tuesday Lunches. On the first Tuesday of each month, at noon, there will be lunch, music, and fellowship in the church Annex/social hall. The lunch is free and everyone is welcome!
- Meals Available To Those In Need 03/28/2020 - We are providing meals to people in need (whether it is financial, limited access to groceries, or difficulty with meal preparation) once a week on Wednesdays. The meals are prepared in the church and delivered (if need be) to your home. Please contact Susan Roecker at 410-886-9863 or [email protected] to get on the list or... View Article
All meetings are in the Annex unless otherwise indicated.
- Bible Study Sun., 6:00 PM
- Church Council Wed., Oct. 13, 7:00 PM
- Tuesday Lunch Monthly: First Tuesday at Noon
- Exercise Group Mon., Wed., & Fri., 9:00 AM MORE…
- Ladies’ Sewing Mon. Evenings, 7:00 PM
Visit and “Like” TUMC on Facebook.
The TUMC Facebook page is back! This has been inactive for several years due to administrative turnover. JoAnn Kelley has revived it. It is a great place to stay in touch with TUMC happenings and to interact with friends and make new ones. It also has inspiring and comforting devotional postings. Go to www.facebook.com and type into the Search Bar Tilghman United Methodist Church OR, if you are on our web page, simply click on the Facebook logo in the footer at the bottom of every page.
Rachael Freeman administers another wonderful Facebook page that focuses primarily on our Youth Ministry. Go to www.facebook.com and type into the Search Bar Tilghman United Methodist Youth OR click HERE. (Have you visited the Youth Ministry page on this website in the Ministries menu?)
Healthy Tilghman, another of TUMC’s outreach ministries, has its own Facebook page full of news, resources and tips for a more Healthy YOU, and Tilghman. Go to www.facebook.com and type into the Search Bar Healthy Tilghman OR click HERE. (Have you visited the Healthy Tilghman pages on this website in the Ministries menu?)
You Are Always Welcome
You are always welcome at Tilghman UMC, to worship or to participate in our various ministries or to simply volunteer and make new friends in the community.
- interested in learning more about TUMC?
- in need of pastoral care/prayer?
- wanting to discuss becoming a member of TUMC?
Please contact the pastor:
Email: [email protected]
Rose Regan, Healthy Tilghman Peer Coordinator, informs that A.A. is offering two live phone meetings each day at noon and 7 p.m. Call 425-436-6376 and enter code 447198# to join or just listen. Rose is at 410-886-9862.
Sabiatri Baker, BS/MS,LMT, of Tilghman and member of the the Depression/Bipolar Support Alliance of Talbot County has offered to be personally available to talk on phone over anxiety, stress, depression, fears etc., as an experienced and educated Peer neighbor (this is not medical care) for anyone 24/7 at 410-886-1292.
New service: Want someone to check in (call) on a senior? Call 1-866-502-0560 and the Maryland Department of Aging will set it up. Call to enroll.
PLEASE NOTE: For more information about these and other resources, click
Here is some information that could be helpful during this time of continued COVID-19 risk and mental health challenges, fear, isolation, etc.
Resources to call for Coronavirus-related concerns.
- For-All-Seasons Emergency Hotline 410-822-1018
- Talbot County Health Department Emergency Hotline 1-410-770-8160
- Eastern Shore Behavioral Crisis Line at 888-407-8018.
- Maryland 24/7 Helpline that is found at dialing 211 – press 1.
- Food Assistance 410-770-5515.
- Police (410-822-1020)
- Emergency 911
All are live responses.
Talbot County Department of Social Services has established a call in service about COVID-19. Open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday -Friday. 410-770-5515
Tithes and Offerings
Even as we emerge from a time of crisis, we remind our members and friends that the costs of maintaining our church continue. Your tithes and offerings are needed, more than ever, as we were without Sunday services for so long. Please support, or continue supporting, TUMC with your donations by sending them to us at P.O. Box 192, Tilghman, MD 21671 or by making your secure donation online by clicking on the offering plate above, or Go HERE.
Tilghman UMC Mission & Vision Statements
Mission: Connecting people to Jesus and each other by sharing the love of God through Christian worship, Bible study, fellowship, outreach, and mission.
Vision: Become a vibrant church serving God by being a welcoming home and beacon of hope and promise for our community and an on-ramp to Christ where everyone can receive spiritual support and grow in faith.
Wesley Covenant Prayer
I am no longer my own but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt,
rank me with whom thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for thee
or laid aside for thee,
Exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things
to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit, thou art mine,
and I am thine. So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven.