Welcome To Tilghman United Methodist Church
Tilghman United Methodist Church is an historic church located on Tilghman Island, Maryland.
We are entirely surrounded by water, but are less than 20 minutes from historic St. Michaels and only a half hour from Easton, totally accessible by car.
We are a warm, loving community of faith, deeply rooted in the teachings of Christ.
Methodists have been worshiping on Tilghman’s Island since the 18th century. The first church was built at our current location between 1879 and 1882, a one room structure with a steeple and belfry. The current church was erected in 1913. The church features ornate stained-glass windows with a simple gothic-based design. For a more complete history, click HERE.
A Message From Our Pastor
In compliance with directives and recommendations from our government leaders and agencies, we at Tilghman United Methodist Church have suspended our traditional worship services and church-related gatherings. We do this with a heavy heart, but we want to do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19. Even though our physical gatherings are suspended … we will continue to be Christ’s Church.
We will continue to look for new ways to worship online and communicate Christ’s message of hope and love to our community during this crisis. Join us here each Sunday where you can access a video sermon on the Pastor’s Page or live in Konigsberg Park.
Please check this website often to stay informed of the last news and updates and ask others to do the same. Also, please consider mailing your gifts and offerings to the church: Tilghman UMC, P.O. Box 192, Tilghman MD 21671.
We continue to keep everyone in our prayers.
Kronsberg Park Outdoor Worship Services
Sundays 9:00 AM
Join Pastor Herb Cain for our online worship service HERE
Tilghman UMC is now offering two weekly worship services.
- An online service posted on the Pastor’s Page first thing Sunday morning AND
- An outdoor worship service held at Kronsberg Park each Sunday morning at 9:00 AM.
If you would like to join us at Kronsberg Park, we ask that you …
- Bring a lawn chair
- Wear a face covering
- Maintain safe physical distancing – 6 feet minimum
If it is raining on Sunday morning the outdoor service will be cancelled and we will worship online that day.
We hope you will join us at Kronsberg Park at 9:00 AM on Sunday mornings or on line right HERE.
- interested in learning more about TUMC?
- in need of pastoral care/prayer?
- wanting to discuss becoming a member of TUMC?
Please contact the pastor:
Herbert Lewis “Herb” Cain
Email: [email protected]
Regular Worship Services*
*All are currently suspended due to COVID-19. See Pastor’s Page for online video worship with Pastor Cain.
Sunday Early Service at 8:30 AM is a traditional Methodist service and offers communion every week.
Sunday Late Service at 11:00 AM is a traditional Methodist service with communion once a month and in special services.
Sunday School Classes 9:45 – 10:45 AM
Pre-School – 5th Grade
A Sherwood UMC monthly Sunday Service is held on the THIRD Sunday of the month, 9:45 – 10:45 AM.
Directions and more about our worship locations HERE.
USDA Farmers to Families Program Ends, Food Pantry Continues.
The USDA Farmers to Families Program has ended after 4 months of receiving at least 750 pounds of produce every week. Thanks to all who helped with sorting, distributing and delivering the food. Our prayers are for those we were able to serve during this period of unprecedented need, isolation, and uncertainty.
Please keep in mind that the TUMC food pantry continues to be open on Tuesday mornings from 9 to noon and Wednesday afternoons from 3 to 6 pm.
Regularly Occurring Events*
*Currently suspended due to COVID-19
*Bible Study, Sunday Evenings, 6:30 pm.
Church Council, 3rd Wednesday, 7:00 pm, Annex,
Healthy Tilghman Committee
Monday, May 11, 6:00 PM
Will meet via Zoom
Exercise Group meets several times per week. Annex.
For schedule and program details, click HERE
*Ladies Sewing, Monday Eves, 7:00 pm, Annex
*Men’s Breakfast, Last Sunday of the month. 7:00 am, Annex
Healthy Tilghman News
Rose Regan, Healthy Tilghman Peer Coordinator, informs that A.A. is offering two live phone meetings each day at noon and 7 p.m. Call 425-436-6376 and enter code 447198# to join or just listen. Rose is at 410-886-9862.
Sabiatri Baker, BS/MS,LMT, of Tilghman and member of the the Depression/Bipolar Support Alliance of Talbot County has offered to be personally available to talk on phone over anxiety, stress, depression, fears etc., as an experienced and educated Peer neighbor (this is not medical care) for anyone 24/7 at 410-886-1292.
Talbot County Department of Social Services has established a call in service about COVID-19. Open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday -Friday. 410-770-5515
New service: Want someone to check in (call) on a senior? Call 1-866-502-0560 and the Maryland Department of Aging will set it up. Call to enroll.
TUMC Food Bank Click HERE
Current TUMC Announcements
- The USDA Farmers to Families Program has ended after 4 months of receiving at least 750 pounds of produce every week 09/03/2020 - Thanks to all who helped with sorting, distributing and delivering the food. Our prayers are for those we were able to serve during this period of unprecedented need, isolation, and uncertainty. Please keep in mind that the TUMC food pantry continues to be open on Tuesday mornings from 9 to noon and Wednesday afternoons from 3... View Article
- Vacation Bible School 07/26/2020 - VBS has been reluctantly postponed until Summer, 2021 for the safety of our children and those who work on this most worthwhile activity.
- Meals Available To Those In Need 03/28/2020 - We are working with the St. Michaels Community Center to provide meals to people in need (financially or due to limited access to food) three times a week. The meals are delivered to the church and we call everyone to come for pick up. We are willing to deliver meals to people who are remaining... View Article
- Food Bank at TUMC remains open 03/19/2020 - TUMC maintains a Food Bank at the church where donated food is available to needy individuals and families in the Bay Hundred area. Typically, the Pantry has canned and packaged foods, milk and eggs, and some fresh meat, vegetables and fruit. Use the south door to the TUMC Annex during operating hours: Tuesdays, 9:00 AM to... View Article
- Changes and Opportunities at TUMC 03/19/2020 - COVID-19 mandates affect all worship activities, events, ministries and outreach Beginning Sunday, 3/22/2020 we will have the opportunity to worship with Pastor Herb online. All you will need to do is to click on the Sermon announcement on the Home Page of this website (where you now are) or use the horizontal page menu at... View Article
Free meals for children ages 2 through 18
These are available, for pick up only, at Tilghman Elementary. The schedule is 9:00 am -noon on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This will include breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack for three days in the Tuesday pick up and two days in the Thursday pick up. This is a drive up arrangement, with no need to get out of your vehicle.
Tilghman UMC Mission Statement
To be a covenant community of loving Christians who glorify God through worship, teaching, studying God’s Word, and by witnessing through word and deed. We seek to share God’s love in Jesus Christ as His body, individually and collectively, through the leading and power of the Holy Ghost with our community and the world by ministering to people where they are in their lives.
You Are Always Welcome
You are always welcome at Tilghman UMC, to worship or to participate in our various ministries or to simply volunteer and make new friends in the community.