Welcome To Tilghman United Methodist Church
Tilghman United Methodist Church is an historic church located on Tilghman Island, Maryland.
We are entirely surrounded by water, but are less than 20 minutes from historic St. Michaels and only a half hour from Easton, totally accessible by car.
We are a warm, loving community of faith, deeply rooted in the teachings of Christ.
Methodists have been worshiping on Tilghman’s Island since the 18th century. The first church was built at our current location between 1879 and 1882, a one room structure with a steeple and belfry. The current church was erected in 1913. The church features ornate stained-glass windows with a simple gothic-based design. For a more complete history, click HERE.
Leadership Change Complete for Tilghman United Methodist Church
Pastor David Kelley was appointed to the Tilghman and Sherwood churches effective July 1. Please help welcome Pastor Kelley to the church and to the Tilghman/Sherwood community. NOTE: Pastor Kelley’s Lord’s Messages from each Sunday worship service are posted on the Pastor’s Page.
Sunday Worship Services in the Church
9:00 am Adult Sunday School in the Church Annex
10:00 am Sunday Worship Service in the Sanctuary
11:00 am Youth Sunday School in the Church Annex
Please read and adhere to the following Guidelines for Worship Services – Updated June 6, 2021.
Sunday Outdoor Worship Services
at Kronsberg Park
Beginning June 13, 2021 and continuing through September 5, 2021on the second and fourth Sundays of the month, we will have worship service at Kronsberg Park at 10:00 am. In the event of inclement weather the park service will be held in the church. For all other Sundays during this period (first, third and fifth), worship service will be inside the church at 10:00 am.
Tithes and Offerings
Even as we emerge from a time of crisis, we remind our members and friends that the costs of maintaining our church continue. Your tithes and offerings are needed, more than ever, as we were without Sunday services for so long. Please support, or continue supporting, TUMC with your donations by sending them to us at P.O. Box 192, Tilghman, MD 21671 or by making your secure donation online by clicking on the offering plate above, or Go HERE.
You Are Always Welcome
You are always welcome at Tilghman UMC, to worship or to participate in our various ministries or to simply volunteer and make new friends in the community.
- interested in learning more about TUMC?
- in need of pastoral care/prayer?
- wanting to discuss becoming a member of TUMC?
Please contact the pastor:
Email: [email protected]
Check this website often to stay informed of the last news and updates and ask others to do the same.
Healthy Tilghman News
The Tilghman Exercise Group continues meeting on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 10:00 am. More schedule information HERE
TUMC Food Bank Click HERE
Rose Regan, Healthy Tilghman Peer Coordinator, informs that A.A. is offering two live phone meetings each day at noon and 7 p.m. Call 425-436-6376 and enter code 447198# to join or just listen. Rose is at 410-886-9862.
Sabiatri Baker, BS/MS,LMT, of Tilghman and member of the the Depression/Bipolar Support Alliance of Talbot County has offered to be personally available to talk on phone over anxiety, stress, depression, fears etc., as an experienced and educated Peer neighbor (this is not medical care) for anyone 24/7 at 410-886-1292.
New service: Want someone to check in (call) on a senior? Call 1-866-502-0560 and the Maryland Department of Aging will set it up. Call to enroll.
Here is some information that could be helpful during this time of continued COVID-19 risk and mental health challenges, fear, isolation, etc.
Resources to call for Coronavirus-related concerns.
- For-All-Seasons Emergency Hotline 410-822-1018
- Talbot County Health Department Emergency Hotline 1-410-770-8160
- Eastern Shore Behavioral Crisis Line at 888-407-8018.
- Maryland 24/7 Helpline that is found at dialing 211 – press 1.
- Food Assistance 410-770-5515.
- Police (410-822-1020)
- Emergency 911
All are live responses.
PLEASE NOTE: For more complete information about some of these and other resources, see
Talbot County Department of Social Services has established a call in service about COVID-19. Open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday -Friday. 410-770-5515
Current TUMC Announcements
- Free Food Sept 20, noon to 2:00 PM 09/14/2021 - The Maryland Food Bank will have their Mobile Market parked at TUMC on September 20th from noon to 2 pm. ALL are invited to receive healthy foods and resources. Fresh produce boxes and non-perishable foods will be offered.
- First Tuesday Lunches 09/14/2021 - Starting on October 5th, TUMC will begin hosting First Tuesday Lunches. Once a month at noon there will be lunch, music, and fellowship in the church Annex/social hall. The lunch is free and everyone is welcome!
- Meals Available To Those In Need 03/28/2020 - We are providing meals to people in need (whether it is financial, limited access to groceries, or difficulty with meal preparation) once a week on Wednesdays. The meals are prepared in the church and delivered (if need be) to your home. Please contact Susan Roecker at 410-886-9863 or [email protected] to get on the list or... View Article
Tilghman UMC Mission & Vision Statements
Mission: Connecting people to Jesus and each other by sharing the love of God through Christian worship, Bible study, fellowship, outreach, and mission.
Vision: Become a vibrant church serving God by being a welcoming home and beacon of hope and promise for our community and an on-ramp to Christ where everyone can receive spiritual support and grow in faith.
Wesley Covenant Prayer
I am no longer my own but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt,
rank me with whom thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for thee
or laid aside for thee,
Exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things
to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit, thou art mine,
and I am thine. So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven.